Saturday, February 26, 2011

Riding the Wave

This week has been very up and down in many ways. Weather wise we have gone from balmy to freezing and back again. Emotionally, I have felt pretty up and down myself. Just when I think that I have made a breakthrough and know exactly what I'm supposed to do; the perceived clarity seems to just collapse all around me. This is a very uncomfortable place for me to be.

The current emotional and energetic wave that is moving through our planet is having quite a dramatic impact on me. All these major changes; from Egypt to Libya and then the earthquake in New Zealand are almost too much for me to comprehend and process. One moment I'm feeling quite euphoric for the Middle East and the breakup of the authoritarian structures there and the next I'm quite muddled and disturbed by the disaster that is Libya and then New Zealand.

I have also been challenged by the husband to bring some focus in my life as to what it is that I want to 'be' in the world. In other words, what am I in the process of becoming? A very good question indeed and one for which I didn't have an answer.

I spend a lot of time keeping abreast of what is going on in the world and collecting data and ideas from Facebook. The world of social media has been buzzing this week and I have worked very hard to keep up. What I haven't done much of though is my own work. Which lead me back to the question, what is it that I want to be?

Then it hit me; like a ton of bricks. What I want to be and what I am becoming is a Light Worker. What does that mean, Light Worker? Well, what it means for me is that it doesn't really matter what I 'do' in my life – what I 'be' is a bringer of light – knowledge, information and the ability to 'lighten' people up.

This was truly a revelation for me. I know that some of my friends and Reiki students are probably laughing at this point – like you didn't know? Well, yes and no, it didn't really seem like a profession.

Never-the-less, it is who I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment