Friday, December 3, 2010

Living your Dream in 2011

The week of reflection is complete; a new vision for my life is emerging. I can't think of a better way to complete this period of 'slowing down' and introspection than to attend a workshop about 'Living Your Dream in 2011.' Timing, as they say, is everything when it comes to moving forward in life. I know that for myself, I'm not ready to move until I'm ready. The internal shift needs to happen first, then the external shift – or movement forward can happen.

This year has been a major year for me around completing in my role as 'Mother.' I'm still a mother, for sure, but the role is not so demanding. The boys are all settled with lovely young women and they all seem extremely happy; what else could a mother want for her children?

It's time to turn the attention back on to me – and that is what I have been doing. What is it that I want? What do I want to create in this latter part of my life? Feeling blessed and being guided to take small steps in the direction of my next vision is where I am right now.

In speaking to the husband the other night about the purpose of life he posed the idea to me that we are here to become enlightened – to realize the truth of who we are and to bring that awareness to our conscious mind. How we do this is our own personal mission.

This idea is not new to me but I have never-the-less thought that part of a life purpose is to 'make a difference' and to have an impact – to help people move forward. That has been my raison d'etre for a very long time. The idea that really all I'm doing is becoming aware of myself and what makes me tick is kind of novel.

I have been in the business of 'personal development' for over 20 years. It has always been my own personal development that has guided me in my training, coaching and facilitation – in never occurred to me that that was the idea all along. I can only pass on that which I have learned and mastered myself.

So, here I sit at the first rung of the next very big ladder as I take on the world of 'finance' – a place that I started my whole work and education process over 38 years ago. How ironic - I would never have dreamt that this would be where my life would ultimately lead me.

Living the dream by taking small steps forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment